COFUND FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
Axis 1 : RNA biology from bacteria to chloroplast
- Control of translation initiation in bacteria : a transcriptomic study, PI: M. Guillier
- Structural biology of RNA-protein complexes, PI: C. Tisné
- Elucidating the role of yeast Ded1, a DEAD-box RNA helicase, in translation elongation*, PI: K. Tanner
- Understanding the role of the key ribonuclease RNase Y in the control of gene expression in B. subtilis*, PI: H. Putzer
- Structural study of [4Fe-4S]-dependent sulfuration enzyme MnmA involved in genetic translation*, PI: B. Golinelli-Pimpaneau
- In-depth characterization of the CES regulation coupling Rubisco large subunit synthesis and assembly in Ch. reinhardtii, PI: K. Wostrikoff
Axis 2 : Membrane systeme dynamics
- AtpF-mediated membrane biogenesis in E. Coli and C.reinhardtii, PI: F.Zito, co-PI: B.Miroux
- Study of the energy landscape of G protein-coupled receptors, PI: L. Catoire, co-PI: K. Moncoq
- Investigating the effects of allelochemicals secreted by dinoflagellates on the thylakoid membranes of marine diatoms, PI: B. Bailleul
- Flippable ELP-decorated proteoliposomes to prepare nano-bioreactors*, PI: C. Tribet
Axis 3 : Computational modelling of protein assemblies
- Protein-protein interactions in the purinosome metabolon, PI: F. Sterpone
- Multiscale approaches to investigate the conformational landscape of flexible protein assemblies, PI: S. Sacquin-Mara, co-PI: A.Taly
- Advanced scientific visualization of membrane proteins and their assemblies, PI: M. Baaden, co-PI A. Taly
- Regulation of mitochondrial function/dysfunction by focused ultrasound, PI: P. Nguyen
*These projects are funded for one year only
Talented researchers who have a PhD degree or equivalent (R2 recognized researchers) at the recruitment date. Applicants must comply with a mobility demand:
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in France in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
We will provide you with both a professional opportunity to further your scientific projects, improve your personal skills and create networking opportunities to reinforce your profil. Your research activity will be accompanied by opportunities to expand your skillset with personalized mentoring, outreach programmes and dedicated courses. Part of the FP-DYNAMO-PARIS training programme will include a retreat for ERs at the University of Padova, training courses in leadership by EMBO, lectures on intellectual property and entrepreneurship and mentoring on gender-balance ethical issues and leadership.
FP-DYNAMO-PARIS ERs will be trained in state-of-the-art techniques and will acquire expertise in genomics, genetics, photobiology, biophysics, biochemistry, structural biology and learn how to synthesise new materials and equipment needed for research in the field of bioenergy.
The employment benefits include health insurance, pension, and a mobility allowance.
To see a full salary table, click HERE
Call 1 : 17th September – 17th November 2021.
TO APPLY, please click HERE
In addition we kindly ask you to send your application including:
- CV (in English)
- Motivation letter describing short and long-term scientific and careers goals
- Research theme(s) (with the name of the PI) you are applying for
- A minimum of 2 reference letters
- Signed statement that you are in compliance with the Mobility rule
- Please send all the documents mentioned above to email@example.com
*Call 2 opens in January 2022 with 8 additional post-doc positions.
- Opening of call : September 17 2021
- Deadline for application,Wednesday 17 November 2021 at 12.00 (noon) CET.
- Evaluation period: November-December 2021.
- Applicants will receive answers:
- Fellowship periods will start: between January 1 2022 and May 2022.
WHY WORK WITH US
Will be published shortly.
Step 1. The applications of each eligible candidate will be evaluated by independent international experts within the relevant research theme. Eligible applicants will be evaluated based on merits, motivation for the program, academic excellence and personal qualifications such as collaborative and communication skills.
Step 2. A maximum of three candidates will be retained for a video interview with the independent experts for each open position (Nov 2021). After the interview, candidates on the short list will be invited to a conference call with the project supervisor and a DYNAMO board member to define the general scope of the project, the training and the research environment. Candidates will be asked to draft a 3-page project proposal, bringing their own original ideas and will be given 2 weeks to submit it.
Step 3. Each project proposal will be evaluated by one of the independent experts and the DYNAMO board member who evaluated the candidate in the previous steps. The final selection will be made based on the scores obtained at steps 1, 2 and 3. The minimum score must be above 20/40. Top candidate will be offered the postdoc position with a starting date from January 1- May 31, 2022.
For more information about programme, selection process etc. please contact Programme Manager Magdalena Tortyna at firstname.lastname@example.org
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 101034407